30 Aug Do you know the kombu seaweed?
It is a seaweed that is traditionally used in Asian cooking. Its diffusion throughout the rest of the world is becoming wider thanks to its multiple gastronomic applications.
Pero para conocer mejor este superalimento podemos destacar sus principales propiedades y beneficios:
- Kombu seaweed is rich in water and has a low caloric content, it is also a good source of fiber with a prebiotic effect and many other substances with antioxidant power.
- Among its nutrients, minerals such as iron, iodine, potassium and soluble fiber stand out, but it is also a food very rich in protein, so it can be very beneficial for people who eat vegan or vegetarian diets.
- It acts as a purifier of our intestine, since it is very rich in alginic acid.
- It eliminates the toxins that are concentrated in our intestine and is beneficial for our intestinal flora.
- Highly recommended food for people who suffer from bone pain or bone-derived diseases, thanks to its calcium and magnesium content.
- It is beneficial for the heart and helps people with high cholesterol, thanks to a type of fiber called Fucano.
The most popular forms of cooking and consumption are in salads (a quick and healthy option), fried (they enhance their flavor and also have a crunchy texture) and cooked or stewed, which is the option we have chosen at Carlota Organic
In our dish of Chickpea stew with kombu seaweed you can savor the exquisite flavor of this seaweed and it is as easy as opening, heating and enjoying.